Pools are a beautiful and enjoyable addition to any home. They can provide endless hours of family fun, exercise, and relaxation, but they can also be dangerous if proper precautions are not taken. If you are considering adding a pool to your home, there are several precautions you should consider before, during, and after the project. Here are a few resources to help inform and educate on swimming pool safety including how to keep small children safe by ensuring they do not have unrestricted access.
General Pool Safety:
- Infant Swimming Research, Inc. - A resource for infant and child swim lessons.
- National Swimming Pool Foundation - A resource for pool Safety Tips.
- National Safe Kids Campaign Online has information on Swimming and Boating Safety
- Lifesaving Resources, Inc. and an informative article about drownings.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (use the search utility)
John C. Pack Custom Pools does not officially endorse, sponsor, monitor content, verify content or verify authority of any link listed above. Links are presented only as a convenience. Individuals utilizing these or any web connected web resources do so at their own initiative and risk. Information publicly available on the World Wide Web can be unreliable or incomplete and the user is encouraged to fully investigate, research, and verify any information prior to use.